爱达荷州立大学中国学生学者联谊会

Chinese Association of Idaho State University (CAISU)

2012 Water Shortages - How to Purify Water When the Tap Runs Dry

Have you ever lost a child. I did once. On a camping The Lost Ways Review trip in Yellowstone National Park. Through a series of miscommunications, my eight-year-old son disappeared. For a terrifying thirty minutes, I didn't know where he was or if he was safe. Thoughts of the dangers assailed my mind. steep cliffs, a raging stream, wolves, and bears. Fortunately, I located him well before dark, but I'll never forget the experience. Those few minutes scarred my psyche forever. After that, my family never ventured into the wilderness without a set of walkie-talkies looped around each slender wrist.

When your children or spouse have outgrown a leash or simply refuse to wear one, it's time to invest in a set of walkie-talkies. Time for dinner and the kids out playing hide 'n seek. Not sure which neighbor is hosting the slip and slide today. Wife stuck helping the neighbor clean her kitchen. Yep. Use the walkie-talkie.

After the Yellowstone experience, my kids carried their walkie-talkies like some kids carry their cell phones, as did my spouse. Now, I can almost hear you saying, Why not just use the cell phone rather than invest in walkie-talkies. My answer: cell phones don't always work, especially in the mountains. In fact, my cell phone doesn't work in my back yard.

Personal walkie-talkies, however, are generally designed to give easy access to all available channels within the device's specified allocation, which means one is not limited by the location of cell phone towers. Now to serious matters. The use of a walkie-talkie could be a real life-saver in a disaster. Imagine for a moment that an earthquake struck your home during the night. You and your spouse are on the ground floor. your children are in bedrooms on the second level, and your house is damaged. Electric power has failed, so there are no lights, no heat...and no phones.

https://dietsheriff.com/the-lost-ways-review/

查看次数: 11

回复

Local News

© 2024   Created by Webmaster.   提供支持

报告问题  |  用户协议